What is intergroup?
What is Intergroup's purpose?When was Intergroup organized?How is Intergroup organized?How is Intergroup supported?What vital services does Intergroup provide?Some Typical MisconceptionsWhat does AAWS say about Intergroups?
Some Typical Misconceptions
Here is a list of things that AA IS NOT and DOES NOT DO:
- IS NOT a religious organization.
- IS NOT a temperance movement.
- IS NOT an educational agency and does not engage in education about alcoholism.
- IS NOT a cure or a "cure all."
- DOES NOT solicit members or provide initial motivation for alcoholics to recover.
- DOES NOT engage in or sponsor research.
- DOES NOT follow up or try to control its members or keep attendance records or case histories.
- DOES NOT join "councils" of social agencies.
- DOES NOT provide any treatment for alcoholism, provide drying-out or nursing services, hospitalization, drugs, or make medical or psychological diagnoses.
- DOES NOT provide housing, food, jobs, money, transportation, domestic or vocational counseling, or offer any other welfare or social services.
- DOES NOT provide letters of reference to parole boards, lawyers, court officials, schools, businesses, social agencies, employers, or any other organization or institution.
- DOES NOT accept any money for its services or accept contributions from non-AA sources.